All the major social media platforms such as decided to have a ‘Story’ feature in their apps wherein you can easily post pictures or videos that will disappear in a day, just like how it is in Snapchat. This new feature took the social media platforms by a storm and people started posting more and more things subsequently. It has been a year since this feature was added and people still frenzy over it. Whatsapp sees more than million stories each day out of which at least thousands are in the form of a video. What to do when you really like a video on somebody’s story? You will have to download it to share it further, right? We know it seems hard right now but it really isn’t. Here’s how to download a video from somebody else’s Whatsapp Status
Method#1 : Check hidden Whatsapp Statuses Folder
After you tap on one of your friend’s status, the status photo gets downloaded to .Statuses folder on Android Lollipop/marshmallow/Nougat Device. The .Statuses folder is usually hidden to prevent you from saving whatsapp status images to gallery. All you have to do is to unhide the folder to copy whatsapp status photos of others. There is no need to root android marshmallow/nougat device or jailbreak iOS iDevice. You can download whatsapp status images/photos to gallery using this method.
You can now disable whatsapp 30 seconds video limit easily using some techniques. But you need to root your android phone. You can post long status videos more than 30 seconds using 2 methods.
Steps to unhide .Statuses folder to save whatsapp statuses
- Whatsapp stories gets downloaded to My Files :> Device Storage :> Whatsapp :> Media :> .Statusesfolder on android. And, in a similar path on other devices as well.
- You need to unhide using More :> Show hidden files. you can also use file manager appsavailable for android and iOS to view hidden folders and files. iFunbox or iFile Manager for iOS 10.2.3 works for iphones
- You can save whatsapp status images to gallery using this technique.
Method#2 : Apps
There is a plethora of apps available today to download the Whatsapp status stories of others easily. These apps are not launched by Whatsapp but are very easy to use and will help you a lot in saving these videos. The most popular app that facilitates this is the ‘Story Saver for Whatsapp’ apk. This app is free and is available on the Google Playstore. Once you have installed it on your phone, you will be able to see that the app has automatically connected itself with your Whatsapp account and thus, your work is made easy. All you need to do is click on ‘Recent Stories’ and then click on whichever story you wish to download. Next, click on download on the top, right hand side corner of the app.
- Download Story Saver for Whatsapp apkfrom Google Playstore
- Install the story saver app on Android or similar app on iphone
- steps to download whatsapp status videos/photos to gallery on Android
- Open the application and tap on Recent Stories button